You are here: Privacy
4INFO values your privacy. We abide by the Mobile Marketing Association Code of Conduct for Mobile Marketing and other generally accepted industry standards.
1. The 4INFO "Alerts" Service4INFO "Alerts" is a free, ad-supported service we offer Users, providing Users with text messages on a wide range of subjects and interest categories. These range from "Alerts" that provide sports scores, to weather updates, to celebrity birthdays, and fashion tips. For instance, a User might receive a text message notification when her favorite team scores, or when a stockâs price drops a certain amount. Users select the types of messages they receive.
2. Information We Collect When You Use Our SMS "Alerts"We gather the following information about you when you register for one of our "Alerts" services, through our own Website or a Website operated by a partner who provides access to our Alerts product:
3. How We Use the Information We Collect In Providing AlertsWe use the information we collect for the following purposes:
4. How We Share the Information We CollectWe may share your information (including your personal information) with third parties in certain circumstances, in particular when such sharing is important to provide a service youâve requested. We may share that information in the following circumstances:
5. Unsubscribing and Deleting Your InformationYou may stop receiving SMS messages from any single 4INFO program by texting STOP to any of our termination "short codes," in response to any message from that program. You may stop receiving SMS messages from all 4INFO programs and services by sending the text message STOP ALL to 44636. You will receive a message confirming the opt-out.
Some SMS programs that we deploy on behalf of our Clients have other "short codes." For a list of Common Short Codes, click here. Short codes that 4INFO deploys on behalf of our Clients are labeled as "Powered by 4INFO" at the point of registration. In addition, some of our Clients deploy short codes on the Platform that are not labeled as "4INFO."
If you are having trouble unsubscribing from any program using our short codes please email us at email@example.com. However, please note that we cannot help you unsubscribe from any short codes other than 44636 and those marked as "Powered by 4INFO."
You may request deletion of your 4INFO account by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
6. SecurityWe have implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information in our care, both during transmission and once we receive it. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of firewalls and encryption. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Our Partners and Third Party WebsitesWhen you obtain our "Alerts" service through one of our Partners, such as through one of their websites, you may have to provide them with information including your personal information. They will have separate privacy policies that are likely to contain other terms, in addition to these, and you will be bound by those privacy policies as well as this one. You should read those privacy policies carefully.
Nor is 4INFO responsible for privacy policies or practices of our advertisers â they are separate entities, and are responsible for their own content, policies and data practices.
8. Information Collected When You Visit Our WebsiteWhether or not you use our Alerts service, when you visit our Website, we collect certain information such as IP host address, pages viewed, browser type, Internet browsing and usage habits, Internet Service Provider, the wireless carrier to which you subscribe, domain name, the time/date of your visit to this Website, the referring URL and your computer's operating system, and if you visit our website through a mobile device, the type of mobile device used, connection data associated with your mobile device or computer, and the unique identifier of your mobile device.
CookiesIn particular, we use "cookies" and similar technologies on this Website in order to retain your login preferences if you sign up to receive our SMS alerts. Cookies are small text files that contain a string of alphanumeric characters. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file. Please note that removing or otherwise disabling cookies may reduce your ability to enjoy the full functionality of the Website. For more information about cookies please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/.
Third Party AdvertisersWe may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Website and other websites, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), using cookies and other technologies. These companies may also use that information, or cookies that we have placed to serve ads about goods and services that may be of interest to you on this Website, and other websites. If you would like more information about this practice and your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit the following links:
9. OTHER INFORMATION:
Unsolicited Message PolicyWe support our Alerts service with advertising. However, clients of 4INFO agree not to send unsolicited SMS messages through 4INFO. If you have received an unsolicited commercial text message from 4INFO directly, or on behalf of any of our clients, please send an email (preferably with the reported violation included and the applicable short code) to: email@example.com.
Information Relating to ChildrenOur Website is designed for those 13 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly create data segments of those under 13. If we are made aware that we have received personal information from someone under 13, we will remove that information from our records.
155 Bovet Road, Suite 200
San Mateo, CA 94402